Blogged elsewhere

Interoppo Research
(IT Standards & Interoperability)

Linking research & learning technologies through standards » Nick Nicholas

Ἡλληνιστεύκοντος
(Greek Linguistics)

2009-10-15

Itinerary Stateside

So, I'm taking off for the States on Sunday, and this is my itinerary:

  • 18-22 Oct: Oracle HQ, attending IMS Workshop, and doing overtime with boss on the side
  • 23 Oct: Because I announced I'd be in the States, and had a friend say "So, coming to Seattle?" -- Seattle
  • 24-27 Oct: Gutter in New Orleans. I have no idea what I'll find, because New Orleans is a place I know very little about. I'm tempted to keep it that way, I like surprises.
  • 27-31 Oct: Irvine, CA, attending TLG conference.

As always, travel broadens the mind, or at least the superficial prejudices, so expect lots of posts on my misconstruals of the US.

I don't expect to be touring odd roadside attractions in the Midwest, btw, or sampling odd candies; but if you want to see blogging by someone who does, check out The Bewildered Brit, by my erstwhile TLG colleague Richard Peevers.

I actually saw some Razzles in a lolly shop last night, as it turns out. Richard's review help me in my decision to resist temptation...

No comments:

Friends wot blog

  • The Word becomes flesh - What is wanted here is silence. That the young woman is pregnant is suggested by her unlaced gown, shorter in front than in back. Her labor has begun, ...
    3 weeks ago
  • Twittering - I am now twittering under the name, not of Sanders, but of @Woldemar_Avalon, because I am John Woldemar Cowan and my home city is New Avalon, or in English...
    3 months ago
  • Last love? - EURO 2016 ended with a beautiful Portuguese victory over/in France, but its soccer ball is still seen in other games, and will be remembered for some time,...
    5 months ago
  • - I had problems trying to log into Diablo III. I could enter my password, but when I entered my Authenticator number, I got Error 14009 Can't download Agree...
    3 years ago
  • A word about Heroes - Catherine showed me her homework today and it made me cry. Here it is for you: My Hero A hero is someone that helps people and everyone loves, they are nic...
    6 years ago

Twitter Updates

Calendar