Blogged elsewhere

Interoppo Research
(IT Standards & Interoperability)

Linking research & learning technologies through standards » Nick Nicholas

Ἡλληνιστεύκοντος
(Greek Linguistics)

2009-03-30

I'm not a nerd, I just play one in real life

Via Vanessa's blog, I ended up at Peter's blog, and via Peter's blog, I ended up at the Nerd Test site. Now, I may have a day job in IT, but it involves diagrams and bullet points rather than code, and I no longer read all that much, so surely my nerd credentials have been blunted by now...


I am nerdier than 90% of all people. Are you a nerd? Click here to take the Nerd Test, get geeky images and jokes, and talk on the nerd forum!


Oh. That's... surprising. Ah, I see there is a new and improved, more granular test. That will sort things out properly:


NerdTests.com says I'm a Cool High Nerd.  Click here to take the Nerd Test, get nerdy images and jokes, and talk to others on the nerd forum!


... I see. Not a sci-fi nerd: well, Star Trek TNG was a long time ago, and I was much more into Klingon because of the linguistics than the trekkiedom. More a science nerd than a history nerd? A lot of the questions were retrospective, I guess.

Still. A bit taken aback. Once again, my self-perception is out of sync with objective external measures. I haven't changed as much as I thought...

No comments:

Friends wot blog

Twitter Updates

Calendar